Tibetan Buddhism includes Teachings and practices of Meditation designed to reveal and bring forth our innate qualities of wisdom and loving-kindness.
The Buddha taught that we are all like diamonds covered with dust, and attaining Enlightenment is a matter of clearing the dust from the diamond to reveal our natural brilliant qualities.
In our daily lives, it’s easy for us to forget and lose track of our diamond-like qualities and instead gather more dust. Meditation, contemplation, integrating what we’ve learned, chanting, and mantra recitation all help us turn our minds back towards the brilliant diamonds that we are.
Please see our Practice and Calendar pages to learn when and how you may join us in these endeavors to dust off our diamonds:
Also, please enjoy these articles written by Karma Kagyü Masters, which offer an introduction to Tibetan Buddhism, including Taking Refuge & Training in Compassion.
An Introduction to Buddhism
- The Four Noble Truths: Venerable Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche
- The Way of the Buddha: His Eminence Goshir Gyaltsab Rinpoche
Becoming a Buddhist: Refuge in the Three Jewels
- Taking Refuge: His Eminence Tai Situ Rinpoche
- The Meaning of Refuge: Venerable Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche
Training the Mind in Loving Kindness and Compassion
- The Practice of Loving-Kindness….: Venerable Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche
- Engendering Bodhichitta: Very Venerable Kalu Rinpoche